What is the purpose of an Alabama Decatur Utility Bond?
Th Alabama Decatur Utility Bonde is required by the Decatur Utility Company for those applying for a commercial service. The bond ensures that the applicant will pay their utility bills on time. A utility bond is sometimes required in lieu of putting down a cash deposit as a more affordable alternative. The bond amount will vary from one customer to another.
- Your Certificate of Occupancy (obtained from City of Decatur Building Dept.).
- A valid driver’s license.
- Your Federal Tax ID number, contact name, address and phone number (if account is in corporation’s name).
- Payment for the applicable deposit amount.
- A Letter of Credit with Decatur Utilities listed as a covered account and an automatic renewal clause with a 90-day notice of termination.
- A copy of your lease or proof of ownership of building.
- A Bank Deposit Agreement.
What is the process for getting an Alabama Decatur Utility Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once the paperwork is completed, the premium has been paid and processed. The bond will be issued and sent out in a timely manner. We offer shipping via USPS Priority Mail or your preferred expedited shipping method(for an additional cost).
The surety bond experts at Surety Solutions Insurance Services, Inc. (Surety1), are available to help you. The process has never been easier with Surety1, we work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets. This ensures that we will find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.