The State of Alaska Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development, Division of Occupational Licensing requires this surety bond under Alaska Statute Section 08.18.071. The required bond amount varies depending on the type of license:
- A general contractor needs a $25,000 bond.
- A general contractor with residential endorsement who performs exclusively residential work needs a $20,000 bond.
- A general contractor or handyman with a cap of $10,000 per project needs a $5,000 bond
- A specialty or mechanical contractor needs a $10,000 bond.
Typically, the premium on this bond is as low as $300 with a completed application.
To Attain an Alaska Collection Agency Surety Bond:
- Complete an online application.
- One of our expert commercial surety agents will call and email you with the firm quote and an agreement to sign.
- Provide payment and your signed agreement, then you will receive your bond!
** all bonds are subject to the underwriting terms and conditions of the issuing company.