Click Here to Apply for Your Bond
What is the purpose of the California Car Wash Bond?
California has a special surety bond for car wash companies as of 2013. This bond covers car washing and polishing (not motor vehicle repair) and the bond amount is $150,000. If you are a carwash employer with a valid collective bargaining agreement no bond is required. If you hire or switch to non-union workers you will need this bond.
1. Pay a fee of $300 per location
2. Submit a completed application form, whether through online or mail (submitted to the Department of Industrial Relations)
3. Submission of the listed documents below:
- Fictitious business name statements
- State Employer Identification Number
- Articles of Incorporation, if applicable
- Articles of Organization for LLC
- Certificate of Limited Partnership, if applicable
- Secretary of State, Statement of Information
- Sample contract and 24-hour cancellation notice
- Proof of worker of Workers Compensation Coverage
- Proof of compliance with your city, county, district or other local government business licensing or regional regulatory requirements.
How do I obtain a California Car Wash Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety Solutions Insurance Services, Inc. (Surety1) are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.