Click Here to Apply for Your Bond
What is a California Bond of Surplus Line Broker?
The California Bond of Surplus Line Broker is required by California Department of Insurance. This surety bond helps ensure that the broker will conduct business within the rules and regulations of the state. The Department of Insurance sets the required bond amount at $50,000. There are two designations for Surplus lines brokers in California, they are individual or business entity licenses. Both require a valid property and casualty license before the state will issue a surplus lines license.
Applicants may apply as either Individual or Business.
- Apply online through Sircon.
- Submit a Surplus Line and/or Special Lines’ Surplus Line Certification form
- If transacting on behalf of a surplus line broker business entity, be sure to have the business entity file a Business Entity endorsement
- Other documents may be requested by the department if needed
- Pay all the fees – $646 for a two-year term for those who only transact on behalf of a business entity; $1296 fee for the individual surplus line broker
- Submit the application form
- Submit the $50,000 bond
- Apply for an insurance license online through Sircon
- Pay the fee of $1296 for a two-year term
How can I obtain a California Bond of Surplus Line Broker?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety Solutions Insurance Services, Inc. (Surety1) are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.