Also Known As All-Terrain Vehicle Safety Training Organization Surety Bond
What is a California Driving School Bond?
This bond is required by the state of California for anyone applying for a Driving School Owner’s License. The bond must be on file during the application process and must go into effect before the business can start. See the list of other requirements for a Driving School Owner’s License.
The bond exists to help ensure the Driving School will not practice any fraud or make any fraudulent representation that will cause a monetary loss to a person taking driving instruction from the school. The bond protects all people receiving lessons and instruction from any malpractice on behalf of the driving school.
In addition to the $10,000 surety bond and completed application form, the following requirements must be met:
- Payment of $150 for the fee and $70 for each branch location, there is also a $1 Family Support Fee
- Certification of Compliance
- Application for Occupational License Personal History Questionnaire
- Appointment of Director as Agent for Service of Process
- Request for Live Scan Service
- A letter issued by DMV approving your lesson plan or authorizing you utilize a previously approved lesson plan
- A copy of your fictitious name statement a signed copy of your rental lease agreement
- A copy of your Business License, Certificate of Occupancy, or Tax Certificate
- Operator Application
- Driving School Insurance
- Safety Inspection Report, Vehicle Used for Instruction
- Safety Inspection Report, Motorcycle Used for Instruction
How can I obtain a California Driving School Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety Solutions Insurance Services, Inc. (Surety1) are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.