What is a California Mobile Home, Coach or Camper Bond?
This bond is required for those who own a mobile home, commercial coach, truck camper, or floating home without any evidence of ownership (sometimes referred to as a lost title surety bond). The bond amount can vary for vehicle to vehicle. The California Department of Housing and Community Development will be the entity that determines the final amount of the bond.
The bond that will be submitted to the Department must meet the following requirements:
- The bond must be equal to the current market value of the unit.
- The bond must name the principal, in this case the person who owns the unit.
- The bond must list the surety company’s name. Please note that the surety company must be authorized to operate in the state of California.
- The bond must provide a sufficient description of the unit.
- The bond must be valid for a minimum of three years
- The bond must be signed and dated by the principal in addition to the surety company.
How do I obtain a California Mobile Home, Coach or Camper Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety Solutions Insurance Services, Inc. (Surety1) are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.