What is the purpose of a California Public Insurance Adjuster Bond?
The California Public Insurance Adjuster Bond is a requirement by the Department of Insurance for all Public Insurance Adjusters, who acts on behalf or aids an insured person when negotiating for the settlement of a claim or claims for the loss of damage for any insurance policy, covering any real or personal property, or any person, who advertises, solicits business, or investigates those losses for the public. The required amount for this bond is $20,000.
How do I become a Public Adjuster in California?
Here are the steps to applying for a Public Adjuster for Individual Residents. If you are applying for a different type (business entity, nonresident, etc) you may go to the Department of Insurance Website for more information.
- Fingerprint impressions must be submitted
- If convicted of felony crimes of dishonesty or breach of trust in a state or Federal jurisdiction, the applicant must obtain the written consent of the Commissioner
- Complete the pre-licensing education of 20 hours
- Must complete the experience requirement of two years certified experience in the insurance adjusting field. One year of experience is equal to 2,000 hours
- Take the Qualifying Exam
- Send the application after passing the exam
- Pay the fees: $264 for the license fee and $68 per scheduled exam date at a Department of Insurance Site or $101 at a PSI Exam Site
- File the surety bond of $20,000
Where can I get a California Public Insurance Adjuster Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety Solutions Insurance Services, Inc. (Surety1) are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.