Click Here to Apply for Your Bond
What is the purpose of a California Talent Agency Bond?
The California Talent Agency Bond is required by the California Department of Industrial Relations, Division of Labor Standards Enforcement. Talent Agents in California are required by law to be licensed. Any person or entity involved in arranging employment for an artists in the entertainment filed must get a license. Part of the license requirement is a $50,000 surety bond. This bond guarantees that talent agencies will abide by the contract created between the agency and the artists using that agency. Great programs are available for challenged credit applicants.
Additional License Requirements
This is the process for getting a license to operate a Talent Agency in California
- Get an application form. You may request for a paper application from the Licensing and registration Unit, or you may apply online through the Talent Agency Application Online System.
- Submit all the required supporting documentation:
- Affidavit of Character Personal Record
- Premise Certification
- Sample – Nonexclusive Contract Between Artist and Talent Agency
- Sample – Exclusive Contract Between Artist and Talent Agency
- Sample – Fee Schedule
- Request for Live Scan Service
- Certificate of Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- Copy of Driver’s License/Photo ID
- Fictitious Business Name Statement (if applicable)
- Articles of Organization (if limited liability company)
- Articles of Incorporation and Statement of Domestic Stock (if corporation)
- Business Tax Registration Certificate (if business is at residence)
- Pay all the required fees – A license fee of $225 plus $25 for the filing fee and $50 for each branch office.
How do I obtain a California Talent Agency Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety Solutions Insurance Services, Inc. (Surety1) are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.