This surety bond ensures that dealers will comply with all conditions of written contracts when selling or exchanging recreational vehicles, and will pay any losses or damages sustained as a failure to do so. The required bond amount is set at $10,000. How to become an RV dealer in Florida? Per the Florida state website, accessed 10/8/2015, in addition to a $10,000 surety bond, an applicant must provide:
- Approval of business location by a Regional Office, Compliance Examiner/Officer.
- Completed application.
- Fee of $300 for each main location.
- As of 10/2015 the annual fee of $40 is required for the Mobile Home and Recreational Vehicle Trust Fund.
- A garage liability insurance certificate which shall include, at a minimum, $25,000 combined single-limit liability coverage including bodily injury and property damage protection and $10,000 personal injury protection.
- Copy of lease for location or proof of location ownership.
- Copy of pre-licensing dealer training course completion certificate.
To Acquire a Florida RV Dealer Surety Bond:
- Complete an online application.
- One of our expert commercial surety agents will call and email you with the firm quote and an agreement to sign.
- Provide payment and your signed agreement, then you will receive your bond!
** all bonds are subject to the underwriting terms and conditions of the issuing company.