Who needs to file a Florida Household Moving Services Performance Bond?
The Florida Household Moving Services Performance Bond is a requirement by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS). The Florida Statutes states that any person engaged in intrastate moving of household goods, or is a moving broker, must be registered with FDACS. The surety bond is one of the requirements that may be submitted if the applicant is operating less than two trucks. The amount of the bond is set at $25,000.
- Submit a completed Registration Application Form
- Certificate of Insurance, which must include the following
- Cargo liability for loss or damage to. Household goods – not less than $10,000 per shipment or if less than two trucks, submit the surety bond
- Motor vehicle coverage, including bodily injury and property damage liability coverage in the following minimum amounts:
- $50,000 per occurrence for a commercial motor vehicle with a gross weight of less than 35,000 pounds.
- $100,000 per occurrence for a commercial motor vehicle with a gross weight of more than 35,000 pounds, but less than 44,000 pounds.
- $300,000 per occurrence for a commercial motor vehicle with a gross weight of 44,000 pounds or more.
How do I get a Florida Household Moving Services Performance Bond?
Surety Solutions Insurance Services Inc was established in 2003. Although our headquarters are located in California, we are actually licensed in all 50 states. We have also partnered with several surety markets to ensure that we would only offer the best rates for all our clients. Our application processing time is also very fast, with some applications taking just a business day to get approved!
If you wish to get this surety bond from us, please fill out and submit an online application form. You will then be contacted by our licensed agents who will give a no-obligation quote for your bond. If you find the price to your satisfaction, just pay the said amount and sign all the paperwork. We will then send the surety bond through USPS Priority Mail or overnight delivery.
With an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, you can only expect the best service from us here at Surety1.