An Importer in the State of Georgia is required by the Georgia Department of Revenue to have a Georgia Importers Distilled Spirits License Bond. The bond amount is $5,000 and will expire each year on December 31st. This bond requirement is in accordance with the Official Code of Georgia Section 3-4-22 for all Importers who are defined by the GA Department of Revenue as any person who:
- Imports an alcoholic beverage into this state from a foreign country
- Sells the alcoholic beverage to another importer, broker, or wholesaler
- Who maintains a stock of the alcoholic beverage.
To Obtain a Georgia Importers Distilled Spirits License Bond:
- Complete an online application.
- One of our expert commercial surety agents will call and email you with the firm quote and an agreement to sign.
- Provide payment and your signed agreement, then you will receive your bond!
** all bonds are subject to the underwriting terms and conditions of the issuing company.