Kansas Private or Out-of-State Institutions Bond

This surety bond is required by the Kansas Board of Regents under K.S.A. Section 74-32,175, in the amount of $20,000. The bond ensures that the bond holder will deliver the records of all students who are attending the institution at the time of its closure to the Kansas Board of Regents if the certificate of approval is issued and the private postsecondary institution closes. It also guarantees that the institution will pay all expenses that the Kansas Board of regents may sustain in gaining or retaining the possession of such student records. In most cases, the premium on this bond is as little as $200.

To Obtain a Kansas Private or Out-of-State Institutions Bond: 

  1. Complete an online application.
  2. One of our expert commercial surety agents will call and email you with the firm quote and an agreement to sign.
  3. Provide payment and your signed agreement, then you will receive your bond!

** all bonds are subject to the underwriting terms and conditions of the issuing company.