The required bond amount on this surety bond is $50,000. It is required by the Nevada Secretary of State in compliance with 240A.120 of the Nevada Revised Statutes. The bond ensures that the bondholder will perform all the requirements and duties of a registered Document Preparation Service now required by law or regulation to be performed on his or her party. In order to determine the cost of your bond, simply complete our easy online application.
The Nevada Document Preparation Bond is required by the Nevada Secretary of State.
The Nevada Secretary of State is the party requiring this bond. Any individual who engages in document preparation service provides assistance in certain legal matters for compensation including:
- Preparing or completing documents for a client
- Translating an answer to a question posed in a document
- Securing supporting documents
- Submitting a completed document on behalf of the client to a court or administrative agency
- Preparing of a federal or state tax return or claim for a tax refund
- Acting as a paralegal
- Acting as a bankruptcy petition preparer as defined by Section 110 of the United States Bankruptcy Code
is required to post this $50,000 Document Preparation Bond with the state.
Nevada Assembly Bill 324 expands the requirement for the Document Preparation Surety Bond
With this bill passed by the legislature, the definition of “document preparation service” is expanded to include:
- A person who, for compensation, assists a client in preparing all or substantially all of a federal or state tax return or a claim for a tax refund;
- Certain paralegals; and
- Clarifies that a bankruptcy petition preparer is included in the definition.
To Acquire a Nevada Document Preparation Services Bond:
- Complete an online application.
- One of our expert commercial surety agents will call and email you with the firm quote and an agreement to sign.
- Provide payment and your signed agreement, then you will receive your bond!
Surety1 has been writing bonds in Nevada since 2003. We offer an esay to use online application and fast friendly service.
** all bonds are subject to the underwriting terms and conditions of the issuing company.