Surety1 can make the changes you need quickly!
Surety1 will make changes to your existing surety bond through a rider. A rider is an amendment to your original surety bond. You can attach the rider to your original surety bond, or if your surety bond has already been filed, simply send it to the state agency to be accepted.
We can assist you with the following amendments:
- Changes to your business name or address.
- A transition in your business, such as a Sole Proprietorship which is converted to a Limited Liability Company (LCC).
- An increase or decrease in your bond amount.
- Changes in the bond term.
- To address errors in the original surety bond.
Please be aware that surety bond riders must be signed by an attorney-in-fact, marked with your raised corporate seal, and signed in blue ink to distinguish this document from the original.
As the principal, you are also required to sign the bond rider before it is turned in to the obligee (the entity requiring the bond). Riders can be attached to the original bond or directly presented to the obligee.
The fee for all Bond Riders is $35.00 plus shipping. It takes approximately one to two business days for your rider to be approved by the surety company.