What is the purpose of a California Yacht and Ship Broker Bond?
The surety bond is one of the requirements in order to be licensed as a Yacht and Ship Broker in California. This bond is required by the State of California Department of Boating and Waterways under the Harbors and Navigation Code, Section 730. The California Yacht and Ship Broker Surety Bond amount is $15,000.
Additional License Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Have an established place of business in California
- Employed as a California Yacht Broker or Salesperson for at least one year in the past 5 years or
- Have owned and operated a marine business in California selling new or used yachts for a minimum of 3 continuous years or
- Have been employed as a yacht broker or salesperson in another state for a minimum of 3 consecutive years immediately preceding application in California
- Completed license application
- Surety bond
- Applicant fingerprint live scan forms
- $200 for the application for license
- $25 written examination
Take note that the information on examination will be given to you upon processing of your application.
How do I obtain a Yacht and Ship Broker Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety Solutions Insurance Services, Inc. (Surety1) are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.